THE BOX LISBON NIGHT SCAVENGER HUNT
GAMES RULES AND REGULATIONS
Any participation in THE BOX Scavenger Hunt implies acceptance and compliance with the following regulations.
– The game takes place on Thursday April 28, 2022 from 7:45 p.m in Lisbon city center.
– The global game area is visible here: see the game area map
– The game is open to any person above 18 y-o.
– The game is played exclusively by teams of 2 participants using one (1) smartphone per team equipped with GPS and a mobile internet access.
– The content of the game is in English.
– In order to access the content of the game, the Action Bound app must be installed on the smartphone (for IOS, for Android)
– The game duration is planned to be about 3hrs. It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure that their smartphone holds the charge over this period of time. Otherwise, plan to bring a power bank.
– All registrations are considered final. The Box Scavenger Hunt does not authorize refund.
– Registration to the game can be done here: register your team
– At the time of registration, a team name must be chosen. This team name cannot be modified after the registration is completed.
– Once the registration process complete, a confirmation email will be sent and you will receive your tickets.
– During registration process, be sure to provide the number of the phone you will use during the game.
– Be anywhere in the game zone at 7h45PM on Thursday 28 April 2022.
– An SMS will be sent to the phone number you provided during registration. Click on the link contained in the SMS.
– The same link will be sent to you by email (check your spam box).
– Then choose “START BOUND” (which will automatically open the app’).
– Follow the instructions on screen and make sure to fill out the same team name as chosen during the registration process.
– The purpose of the game is to be the first team to locate and open The Box.
– The Box is hidden somewhere on the game area and is locked by a 5-digit code.
– The winning team will win the content of the Box (see our FB and Instagram to get a glimpse of the content of the Box)
– The game area is divided into 6 game zones. Each game zone holds a clue about the location or the opening code of the Box.
– Each game zone contains several GPS points, puzzles and/or facilitators that must be passed to get the clue.
– To be able to open the Box, a team must collect the 6 clues, be the first to reach the location of the Box and crack the code.
– The game is exclusively organized in the public spaces contained in the game area. At no time does the game invite you to enter private property.
– Participants agree to respect other players, organizers, property and people.
– Participants agree to respect the local law at all times.
– Playing Fair – Have fun and try to win, but don’t let your competitive instincts drive you to ruin other peoples’ chances to win. If you do, your team will be disqualified. That means no sabotaging, lying, cheating, stealing, or copying other people’s work.
– In consideration of the permission to participate in the THE BOX Scavenger Hunt, the registered participants agree to release and hold harmless the organisors, associated volunteers and sponsors thereof from any and all liability for personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from or arising out of the participation in the event.
– The participants further acknowledge that they have no medical history or condition that would preclude them from participating in the event.
– Limitations of Liability: Each participant agrees (i) to abide by the terms of these Regulations and the decisions of the THE BOX Scavenger Hunt organising committee which are final and binding on all matters relating to the event.
– Consent to use of image: participants give THE BOX Scavenger Hunt organising committee permission to use their images (including any motion picture or still photographs) for any purposes in connection with promoting THE BOX Scavenger Hunt without notifying them.